Facebook is one of the most famous social media platforms. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg in 2004 while he was studying at Harvard University. Facebook has around 2.85 billion users. It was made, so people could connect with their friends and loved ones, and now it has become a go-to platform for billions of people.
You can share updates about your life or business with the world by sharing posts, and videos, updating your status, and more. This platform is constantly evolving and helps millions of people who live far away from each other stay in touch.
After you go through this article, take a peek at some of our other interesting articles regarding Facebook that you may find helpful.
- How to Convert a Personal Facebook Profile to a Business Page
- How to Successfully Promote Your Facebook Page Everywhere
- How to Make a Facebook Profile Picture Frame
What Does Pinning a Post Mean?
Facebook posts are public messages, videos, photos, etc., posted on a user’s profile. Any person allowed by the user can see their posts. One of the most effective ways to show your friends something specific on your Facebook wall is by pinning it. Pinning a post is the perfect way to ensure that when someone visits your profile, they see the most important information. This article will tell you all you need to know about pinning a post.
When someone talks about pinning something online, the first thing that l crosses your mind might be Pinterest, but here we’re talking about Facebook. When you add new posts to your profile, your old posts keep going down your Facebook timeline. Pinning specific posts can help your profile feel welcoming to your new followers. It could also convey essential news, such as informing group members about community rules or conveying page guidelines.
People usually pin announcement posts that celebrate a moment with their friends and family on Facebook.
How to Pin a Post on Facebook via Desktop or Laptop?
- To pin a post using a laptop, log in to your Facebook account through your browser and then open your profile.
- Find the post you want to feature.
- Once you have chosen the post you wish to highlight, look in the upper-right corner, and click on the three dots.
- A drop-down menu will open up. Look at the options and select pin post.
- Then, you can scroll up to the top of your profile page, and you’ll see the pinned post show up there.
To unpin the post, open the pop-up menu by pressing the three dots in the upper-right corner again and select “Unpin Post”. The post will now be removed from the top and will return to its original place.
How to Pin a Post on Facebook on iPhone?
- To do this using an iPhone, first, you need to download the Facebook mobile app from the App Store.
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- Once you have logged in, look at the bottom right side of your screen; you will see three horizontal lines that indicate the menu tab. Click on them and open your profile page.
- Select the relevant post you want to pin. In the upper right-hand corner, there will be three dots. Click on them.
- A drop-down menu will pop up; choose the first option in that menu that says “pin to top”.
Now that post will be pinned and will stay pinned on your timeline until you decide to unpin it.
Any first-time visitors can see the pinned posts when they visit your profile. You have successfully pinned a post using your mobile device.
Pinning a post is necessary at times. People who have made a Facebook group or page for their business use this feature a lot. This is so they can convey, e.g., a status update or information regarding an upcoming sale.
These small gestures help them gain loyal customers. It is a helpful feature for Facebook pages made for public figures; these pages can pin essential posts that share an interesting fact about the public figure or, shed light on some of their important contributions to society.
- How to Unhide a Post on Facebook in 2023 - May 31, 2023
- How to Accept a Group Invite on Facebook? - May 8, 2023
- How to Lock Your Profile on Facebook - May 8, 2023