Is Facebook a safe place for shopping? If you love this platform, but you’re not sure whether you should take your business here or shop from other sellers, then you’ve come to the right place. Today we’ll discuss the protection this platform offers and how you can add PayPal to Facebook as a payment method. If you have something to sell, Facebook is one of the best spots.
Table of Contents
Is It Safe to Send Money Through Facebook?
We live in a world where online purchases are a daily habit. With over 2.89 billion active monthly users, Facebook is the biggest social network globally, but also an excellent spot for business and shopping. However, some people are still skeptical about whether they should use this platform to send money and if it’s safe enough.
You may wonder, does Facebook offer some type of buyer protection, and how can you pay for your purchases? First of all, you have to get familiar with Facebook Pay, a program that lets you pay for your purchases online, send money to friends, and donate to your favorite causes with ease. This program makes things effortless because it’s quick and available for Facebook Messenger, Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp. Although it’s still unavailable in all countries, the platform is slowly rolling it out and expanding its use. So if you want to try it out, all you need is one of the apps we mentioned, credit or debit card, or PayPal.
To ensure that all your payments are safe, Facebook has dedicated a lot of time and effort to adding extra security measures. The platform protects your information and has a special anti-fraud technology that fights unauthorized and illegal online activity. If anything happens, you’ll get a notification on your phone so that you can act fast. You should also consider adding face recognition or a PIN before buying something on Facebook. In addition, the network protects your card information using a specialized encryption method.
There are also a few other tips you can practice to avoid common money scams. First of all, avoid accepting unknown people’s requests. Next, don’t trust people who offer gift cards instead of a payment or request cash. Finally, be careful when donating, and don’t fall for inheritance scams.
How to Link PayPal to Facebook Pay
If PayPal is your preferred online payment option, we have a short guide that will help you link it to Facebook Pay. Once you go through this process, you’ll be able to pay for items on Facebook Marketplace and request payments if you’re a seller.
- Log into your Facebook profile via a mobile app or your computer.
- Find the three-line button in the top right corner and click on it.
- Select Settings & Privacy.
- Click Settings.
- Find the Payments section, then choose Facebook Pay. You’ll find it on the left-hand side.
- Find the Payment Methods section and click on Add Payment Method.
- You’ll see the PayPal icon; click on it.
- A new window will pop up to enter your PayPal information and log into your profile.
- When you sign in, another window will pop up. This is when you need to enter your debit card information or continue with the next step if you’ve already added a card to PayPal.
- Click on Agree & Continue. This means that you’ve just upgraded your payment methods, and now you can pay with PayPal on Facebook Marketplace.
- You’ll see your PayPal account on your screen. Click on the button with three dots and decide to use this as a default option for your future payments. In addition, if you’re a seller, opt for the Default for sending and receiving money option, and you’ll pay and receive money via PayPal.
How use Paypal on Facebook Marketplace?
Now that you learned how to add PayPal to Facebook Marketplace, it’s time to start shopping. The payment gateway is very simple, and you can check out with your favorite items within seconds. Here’s what you should do:
- Start by going to Facebook Marketplace. This option is available via mobile devices, computers, and tablets.
- Start searching for items for sale that you like. There are so many things to choose from, and Facebook has listed them into categories to make your shopping experience easier. You can also use additional search filters to find what you’re looking for.
- Next, you should click on the Delivery Method section and select Shipping. This filter will help you see only items you can purchase using PayPal.
- Select the item you want to buy.
- Click on the Buy Now button.
- A new window will pop up requesting you to fill in your shipping information.
- Choose PayPal in the Payment Method section.
- Take another quick look at your order, and if all the information is correct, you can check out.
Can you pay for Facebook ads with PayPal? Yes, you can also pay for your Ad campaign using your PayPal account. Here’s how you can set up this payment option:
- Log into your Facebook and visit the Ad Manager Facebook Settings.
- Choose Add Payment Method from the Payment Methods section.
- Choose a currency and location.
- Choose PayPal and click next.
- Log into your PayPal profile, then click Agree & Continue.
If you’ve been learning how to advertise on Facebook, then creating a successful Ad campaign is one of the basic steps to success. Promoting your items or content on this platform is essential for Facebook growth, and paying for the ads with a simple click makes things much easier.
How to Get Paid for Sales Through PayPal?
If you’re ready to start selling online, Facebook is one of the best platforms. You can reach millions of potential buyers and turn this into a lucrative business. The safest ways to get paid are via PayPal, debit, or credit card.
- Upload your items on the Marketplace. All you have to do is create a new listing with all the details about the product and the price.
- You have to select the Shipping Available option if you want to receive payments via PayPal. There is also an option to get paid via PayPal even if you don’t ship, but you have to list that in your description. In this case, you’ll have to give customers the email address used for your PayPal account. You can actually only receive payments after you ship the item.
- Click Next, and enter the shipping information Facebook requests. This is an important step because the platform’s payment processor will have to confirm your information first, then accept your request. You should include information on the types of shipping you offer, carriers, rates, etc.
- You can now officially list your items and start selling.
- When someone buys an item, you should confirm that you’ve sent it to be shipped, and the money request will be confirmed. After going over this guide, our money from purchases will be sent to your PayPal account.
If you’re looking for an online marketplace to sell or buy, Facebook has one of the most diverse ones. If you haven’t been shopping online a lot, and you’re still not sure if this is a safe platform, Facebook invests a lot in its security measures so you can feel free to start spending or earning money.