With 2.85 billion active members and over 100 languages, Facebook is not just the most popular social network in the world; it is also the best platform to share your ideas, businesses, and goods.
But what if you don’t understand your friends’ languages, or if you just wish to alter Facebook’s language for any reason?
You’ve come to the correct spot because we’ll learn how to change the language on Facebook and use the chance to interact with our friends even if they turn off active status on FB.
You may translate posts, alter the language in general, and create an international and bilingual Facebook account, as well as gain more followers.
How to change the language on Facebook?
When you see the possibilities of languages on Facebook, you may now modify it to best fit your needs. Language changes can be made via a web browser, an Android device, or an Apple device, depending on your preferences.
Let’s get started.
How to Change Language on Facebook Web?
- Log into your Facebook account using your username and password
- Select the drop-down arrow in the top right corner
- Find and click on the “Settings” bar in the drop-down menu
- In the left navigation panel, click on the Language
- One of the options will be to “Show Facebook in this language”
- Click on the “Edit” button and find the language you want
- Select “Save changes”
This will alter the language of your web browser, but you must do it separately if you want these settings to be applied to your mobile devices and applications.
As you will see later, Facebook has dedicated distinct language choices for a variety of topics, making it simple to browse and tailor the experience to exactly match your needs.
How to Change Facebook language on iPhone and iPad?
Facebook is generally pre-configured to use the same language as your iPhone or iPad. This, however, may be adjusted in the Facebook app or the phone settings.
If you are using the app on your iPhone you need to:
- Open the app
- Log into Facebook
- Select the hamburger icon from the bottom left corner
- Find and select the “Settings” tab
- Click on “Account settings” in the pop-up menu
- Select “Language” and set your preferred language there
Because the default language on the iPhone is generally set automatically, you may need to enter the settings gear icon on your phone and alter the language and region there. You have the option of changing and adding iPhone and app languages.
How to Change Facebook language on Android?
Many Facebook members are Android smartphone users, and it’s comforting to know that the app for them is sometimes even easier to use.
In addition to changing the language, you may learn how to schedule a post on Facebook and become more consistent and visible on the network.
This is a crucial feature for business owners that see Facebook’s potential as a social marketing strategy. Because your followers may be from all over the world, you may change the language on your Android smartphone by following these simple steps:
- Log into your Facebook account on the app
- Find the three horizontal lines in the top right corner
- Scroll down and click on the “settings & privacy” tab with a gear icon
- Click on the “Language” tab
- Chose the device language or any other language from the list
- Save the changes
Other language settings on Facebook
If you’re wondering why someone would change the language setting on Facebook in the first place, there are a few valid reasons.
Aside from making it easier to read postings in other languages, it can help you improve your understanding of the foreign language you’re attempting to learn or make it more entertaining if you pick something like “Pirate English.”
The ultimate objective of all of the additional language settings is to make the app experience as personalized and comfortable as possible. Not everyone speaks English, and with so many users all around the world, it’s critical to tailor your service to their needs.
- News Feed – If you scroll down and find the popular language selections in the right corner, you may translate the news feed directly from the app. If you don’t find the language you’re looking for, you may search for it by clicking on the “+” symbol. This will alter the language option on Facebook for your News Feed, but the rest of the platform’s content will need to be manually translated.
- Posts from friends and Pages – Just as you may alter the language on Facebook for anything, you can select that just posts from your friends and pages will be translated into a language you understand. Furthermore, you may select which languages to translate based on your knowledge. This is a fantastic feature that allows people to communicate precisely and simply with one another.
- Multilingual postings – This option will save you time and effort if your friends want a translation. Multilingual postings enable users to write a single post in many languages at the same time. This is a fantastic chance to reach a larger audience, expand your impact to various parts of the world, and organically grow your Facebook account.
- Region format – This isn’t as critical as language selection, but it will make using the app more enjoyable.
You may customize the format of the date, time, numbers, and even the temperature under the region format options. Simply choose your desired format and units and save your modifications.
Facebook has evolved tremendously over the years, and users now have more chances to interact with individuals all over the world. There are no boundaries to potential and commercial prospects with automatic detection and translation of over 100 languages.
For the greatest results, you may utilize one of the numerous tools offered to improve your posts, compose them in different languages, and even schedule them. This will ensure that you stand out from the crowd even among billions of users.