Facebook does not have a way to see who views your Facebook profile. In their official policy, they state: “No, Facebook doesn’t let people track who views their profile.
Facebook has over 2.8 billion active users every month. It is undeniably the most-used networking site of all social media platforms. Almost anybody and everybody is on the platform.All the celebrities and influencers have a Facebook profile you can like and follow.
All the people you’ve ever met or will meet yet probably have an account, as well.
And the people you secretly hate or have a crush on are most likely on Facebook, too.
It’s the perfect place to connect and update on what’s going on in other people’s lives.
A lot of people are taking advantage of all this information on everyone. So, when people stalk their exes online, Facebook is their go-to platform.
That’s because, unlike other social networking sites, Facebook doesn’t show the list of people who viewed your profile. You can go snooping around people’s photos and daily posts without them knowing. Ever. Stalkers celebrate!
It may creep you out not being privy to this information. However, Facebook set this rule in place to uphold their users’ privacy and account safety.
There is currently no feature, plug-in, or software available that can do this on the platform.
There are apps out there, though, that claim their program can tell who viewed your profile. They will ask for permission to access your account and contact lists to do their work. Don’t trust those. They are just out to hack your account or sell your information to third-party apps.
However, if it really itches your curiosity and you really, really need to know who visits your profile, there are (legal) ways you can do to at least guess which ones did.
How to see who viewed your Facebook profile
Here are the alternate ways how to see who views your Facebook profile. The platform won’t show you exactly who these people are. Nevertheless, these methods will at least give you an idea of who might have visited your profile frequently.
Here are the steps to follow if you’re using your personal profile:
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Go to your profile page by clicking on your name on the upper right corner, or the three dashes on mobile to reveal a drop-down menu.
3. Click Friends.
4. A pop-up will appear displaying a list of your friends. These are the ones you interact with frequently. This means that they are the ones who have probably visited your profile.
5. Take note of who interacts with your posts. The person who constantly reacts or comments on most of your posts is likely to visit your profile often.
6. Check out your friend’s profile. Click on the three dots and select See friendship. Facebook will show you all the interactions you’ve had with each other. If your friend seems to react and comment often on your posts, then that person has almost certainly visited your profile.
7. Check your friend suggestions. Facebook periodically sends out notifications of new friend suggestions. These people are most likely Facebook friends with the person who views your profile frequently. Check out your mutual friends to see who it might be.
Sad to say, these methods only work if you are already Facebook friends with the person who visits your profile.
If you’re not comfortable with the amount of information a certain person can see, you can manage your privacy settings to limit what he or she can see.
However, there is no way you will be able to see who viewed your Facebook profile if you are not Facebook friends with them. So, just be careful about the information you share online. You will never know who’s looking at it.
How to check who viewed your Facebook page
If you own a business with a Facebook Page, knowing who visits your page is quite essential. If you had a way to know who they are and contact them, you will be able to send those people invites to like your page if they still haven’t, send them updates on promotions, and even give them personalized coupons.
However, Facebook does not allow this data to be displayed even for business owners who could really use the additional information.
For business pages, you can check the data provided by Facebook to see your page interactions by following these steps:
1. Log in to your Facebook business account.
2. Go to your Facebook Page.
3. On the left side, select Insights.
4. It will show you the number of visitors on your page. You won’t see their names, but at least, you’ll get an idea of the amount of traffic your page gets.
5. Same as on a personal profile, you can also look at your post interactions. You will be able to see the names of the people who liked and/or commented on them. At least there are names here that you can add to your contact list for future promotions. You will also be able to send them an invite to like your page if they haven’t liked it yet.
Not being able to access the information of your page visitors is just a minor setback. You can still carry out other social media marketing strategies to get more traffic.
An effective way to get more people to visit your page is to employ a Facebook growth service. This assures you that the targeted audience is the people who will be interested in your products or services. Experience organic Facebook growth within months!
Facebook is an exciting social media platform. It’s a place where everybody and any business is – a place full of potential and growth. It became a new venue for people to connect and communicate.
Even with all the freedom to see every profile on the platform, Facebook assures the users of their safety and privacy. Settings can be tweaked to limit who can see what on your profile.
Whether you own a personal profile or a business page, it is still important to be cautious about the information you share. You will never know who views your account.
- How to Create a Winning Social Media Strategy for Your Business? - October 12, 2023
- Elevate Your Online Presence: Tips for Better Social Media Use - October 12, 2023
- The Ultimate List of Top Social Media Apps and Sites - October 12, 2023