Now and again our personal Facebook accounts get violated by some sort of trespasser that never aims to do any good.
Our Facebook usually contains a lot of private info that may be used against us. We must know what to do at the first sign that our Facebook security has been breached.
Treat employing a Facebook password change as first aid when hackers get hold of your Facebook account. Make it a little harder for them to continue doing you dirty.
Knowing how to change password on Facebook is of paramount importance in these situations. Act fast, employ other security measures like change name on your Facebook account.
With the steps of how to change your Facebook password you will learn from this short read; you get to execute a cybersecurity first aid of sorts before things get out of hand.
And when you’re done check out our other Facebook guides:
- How To Change Your Name On Facebook
- Facebook Plans to Change Its Name. Facebook Company Rebrand.
- How to Change Language on Facebook
- How to Change Primary Email on Facebook
Reasons to Change Your Facebook Password
Security risks that you never thought would ever happen materialize when your Facebook is breached by anybody besides yourself.
Hackers, nosy wives, husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends, and advertisers top the list of usual Facebook breachers. Let’s deliberate how you can avoid being a victim of these offenders.
- Hackers – Do not visit suspicious websites that are in the shadiest parts of the internet. These parts of cyberspace are where hackers usually lurk and steal details that they can use. Talking about Facebook, you can make friends list private, this will help guard them.
Also, never give away your email to just anyone who asks on the internet.
- Nosy wives, husbands, girlfriends, and boyfriends – Trust does not mean you give your Facebook password to your significant other, and you know it. Enough said.
- Advertisers – Not all advertisers are threats to Facebook security, but there have been some known to take their advertising agendas too far. They use your Facebook to automate their shady schemes on the internet.
Again, be smart about what you give away in cyberspace.
How to Change Your Password on Android
Android users can employ these steps to change their Facebook passwords from the convenience of their Android mobile device:
- Tap on the Facebook app icon on your Android device’s home screen.
- Tap on the three lines menu icon.
- Tap on the Gear icon for your settings.
- Tap on ‘Password and security’ on the subsequent menu.
- Tap on ‘Change password’ On the next menu.
- Type in your current password, and your new password and confirm this by re-typing in your new password.
- Tap on ‘Update Password.’
- Tap ‘Continue’ and you have now changed your Facebook password.
How to Change Your Facebook Password Using an iOS Mobile Device.
iOS users can take these steps to change their Facebook passwords to protect their privacy on Facebook:
- Tap and access the Facebook app on your iOS device.
- Tap and open the “Settings & Privacy” and then tap on ‘Settings’.
- Tap on the “Security and Login” option.
- Tap the “Change Password” option.
- Type in your current password in the provided text box.
- Type in your new password and then retype it to confirm the change.
- Tap on “Save” to successfully change password your password on Facebook.
Before you go through the hassles of needing to change your Facebook password because of security breaches, be careful with whom you share your cyber information. Better yet, never share your Facebook info and passwords with anyone unless absolutely important – significant others do not count.