Facebook is a massive social media platform with over 2.89 billion monthly active users. However, the number of users is only one of the reasons why so many people use it for business purposes. So, if you’re one of those, then chances are you have a page that you’re using for promotional purposes. In today’s article, we’ll discuss how to delete a Facebook page and how to deactivate a Facebook page for everyone who needs a helping hand. But, before we get to the guides, we also discuss the differences between the two actions and whether they’re the right choice for you.
Is Deleting Your Facebook Page The Right Choice?
A Facebook page is completely different from a Facebook group or profile. While you can easily control the privacy settings of your private profile, that’s not quite the case with a page. Although you won’t receive friend requests from strangers, and you can partly decide who has access to your content, pages are open to millions of people and significant business assets.
Deleted accounts aren’t always the smartest idea, even when you think it’s for the best. Most users decide to go into deletion mode because they haven’t been using the page for a while, and now all the information is outdated. This is one of the cases when you can either use the audience you gained and update your posts or start building the crowd from zero. As you can see, having a page with even a few followers can be beneficial, so deleting or deactivating aren’t necessarily great options. Some reasons you might want to delete a page are if you have two similar pages and one of those is not relevant to your business, or you don’t have enough time to work on your online presence on this platform.
What Is The Difference Between Deactivating And Deleting A Facebook Page?
Should you delete or deactivate a page? Users often confuse these two terms, so we’ll explain what they mean today. If you go for the deactivate option, your page will be temporarily inactive until you decide to activate it again. You can do it any time you want, and there is no time frame you have to respect. Deleting a page is more serious because it will be gone for good, together with all your Facebook information. The good thing is that you can cancel the deletion request while it’s still pending and get your page back. The platform also gives you a 14-day period before the permanent deletion occurs. So, once you opt for the delete button, you only have two weeks to change your mind.
Thankfully, there are alternative options you can try before there is no turning back. The first one is deactivating a page and activating it again when you want to continue working on it. It’s fast, simple, and does the job. This means that you’ll unpublish the page, and no one else will be able to see it anymore. Only moderators and admins will be able to see it after the unpublishing. This procedure only takes a few extra steps, but it will keep your work safe. All you have to do is tap on the settings menu icon and change the page visibility.
Finally, you can merge this page with another one. If you have two pages with similar content, just turn them into one. You have to be an admin to do this.
Did you know that you can block someone on your page? So if a user is bothering you, you can easily block them and forget about deleting your page. There aren’t many solid reasons you should get rid of a page; however, we still wanted to include a guide to take you through the process.
How To Delete A Facebook Page?
The entire process is simple, and you can do it via mobile devices or a computer. Let’s start with the steps you should follow on a desktop.
If you’ve firmly decided that you don’t need your page anymore, then the deletion process is the following:
- First, log in to your Facebook account using your username and password.
- Find the Pages section in the left column on the screen. You’ll see a list of all your pages.
- Look for the page you want to delete, and click on it.
- Once you’re on the page, find the Settings icon in the upper-right corner. You can also scroll down the left menu and find the Settings option.
- Find the Delete Your Page section. Click on Edit, then click Delete. Facebook will let you know that you only have 14 days to get your page back.
So many people find it easier to do things on their phones, even deleting pages. The procedure is once again simple and only takes a few minutes.
- Get your phone and log into the Facebook app with your username and password.
- Tap on the button with three horizontal lines located in the bottom-right corner. You can also use the Facebook search bar to find the page and skip a step.
- Scroll through the drop-down menu and find Pages.
- Find the page you want to delete and tap on it.
- Next, tap on the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
- You’ll see the page’s settings menu pop up.
- Choose General, then find the Remove Page.
- Tap on Delete, then Delete Page.
- Facebook will let you know that you have 14 days to get your page back. Choose OK, and you’re ready to go.
How To Deactivate A Facebook Page?
In the list of options we mentioned before, we discussed deactivating your page instead of deleting it. Here are the few simple steps you need to follow:
- Log in to your Facebook profile.
- Find the Pages section from the left-hand menu.
- Click on the page you want to deactivate.
- Click on the Settings icon, then click General.
- Choose Page Visibility, and click on Page Unpublished.
- Choose Save Changes.
Deactivating or deleting pages isn’t the best idea if you’re working on your Facebook growth. Pages and groups should be an essential part of your strategy, therefore you should learn how to activate a page after deactivating it.
How To Activate A Deactivated Facebook Page?
When you need some rest from all the work you’re doing, deactivating a page sounds like a good idea. But, after a few days, you’re probably ready to continue posting and interacting with your fans. If you want to get back to your page, here’s what to do:
- Go to your Facebook news feed.
- Find the Pages section from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Choose the page you want to activate again.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Find General, then Page Visibility.
- Click on Page Published.
Did you learn how to deactivate a Facebook page and how to delete a Facebook page from our detailed guides? As you can see, the process is very fast, but you have to ensure that you’re doing the right thing. Deactivating is a reversible process, and you can do it whenever you want to. Deleting a page means that it will be gone unless you change your mind during the two weeks after deleting it.
Latest posts by Maddie Schultz (see all)
- How to Add a Profile Video to Your Facebook Account: The Ultimate Guide - June 9, 2022
- How to Accept a Group Invite on Facebook? - June 6, 2022
- How Long Is a Temporary Block on Facebook Messenger - June 6, 2022