Public posts are the heart and soul of a healthy and profitable Facebook page. The more Facebook likes and reactions your posts have, the more successful your Facebook page will be.
With how much time the general public spends on Facebook, being a Facebook page that gets a lot of engagement from its public posts is something every brand must achieve.
Learn how to make a post public on Facebook and begin your journey towards hitting it big on Facebook. All that and a little more in this short read.
If you are just a private Facebook user and just want to share posts for friends and family to see but struggle to figure out how to make posts public, this short read is for you too.
And when you’re done check out our other Facebook guides:
- How to Embed Facebook Posts and Ways You Can Use Them
- How to Share Facebook Post to Instagram
- Good Ideas for a Facebook Post
- How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable
Table of Contents
Why Make a Post Public on Facebook
A public post on Facebook will have no restrictions as to who gets to see it on the Facebook social media platform. There could be several reasons why a Facebook user would want that.
In this section of the article, we discuss why you or your brand would want to make posts public on the Facebook platform.
Here are several practical reasons why a public Facebook post makes sense:
1. Only public posts go viral on Facebook – private posts that are only visible to the original poster and their Facebook friends will only gain traction within their network. If you intend to make your Facebook posts viral with thousands of views, likes, reactions, shares, and comments, post publicly on Facebook.
2. The more public posts you have, the more monetizable your Facebook page – The most popular Facebook pages have more than a few posts that have thousands of engagements. Help your chances of being monetizable if you are building a Facebook page for business purposes.
3. Informative, helpful posts get spread faster – Public service announcements and other informative posts that aim to help bring public awareness to important issues are best made public. This way, anyone, and everyone get to see your Facebook page’s announcements if that is your concern.
How to Make a Post Public on Facebook Through a Web Browser
It is easiest to post and manage content on Facebook using a web browser. Brands usually update their Facebook posts through a web browser.
Here are the steps for making a Facebook post public using any web browser:
- Go to Facebook on a web browser like Chrome or Firefox.
- Log in to your Facebook account and locate the Facebook post you want to make public.
- Click the 3 dots menu (…) at the top right corner of your Facebook post.
- Choose and click ‘Edit audience’ on the subsequent pop-up menu.
- Choose and click on the ‘Public’ option on the next menu.
- Your Facebook post will now be visible to anyone on Facebook.
How to Change a Post’s Privacy Settings Using the Facebook App on Your Mobile Device
We carry our mobile devices everywhere we go. In case we need to post to Facebook on the fly, it is most convenient to use our phones.
Here are the simple steps on how you can make a post public using your mobile device:
- Tap on the Facebook icon on your mobile device’s home screen.
- Tap on your profile picture in the upper-left part of the screen to get to your Facebook profile.
- Scroll down to locate the post that you want to make public.
- Click on the 3 dots menu (…) located in the upper-right corner of the Facebook post.
- Choose and click ‘Edit Privacy’ on the subsequent pop-up menu.
- Choose and click on the ‘Public’ toggle option in the subsequent ‘Who can see your post?’ menu.
- Your Facebook post will now be visible to everybody on Facebook.
Note that this step-by-step process will work for both Android and iPhone.
FAQs About Facebook post Privacy and Visibility
Q: Will I be able to change the privacy settings for my public Facebook posts?
A: Yes. It will just be a matter of editing the privacy setting on your public post.
Q: Are public Facebook posts also sharable by everyone on Facebook?
If public posts are the first step to having an immense engagement, then it is just essential to know how to make Facebook posts public. Master the steps that this article discussed and grow your brand’s Facebook to the heights you have dreamed of and beyond.
Get the likes, reactions, comments, and shares you deserve by making your Facebook posts public.